The Danvers Fire Department was established under an act of the Massachusetts General Court in March 1830. The town's first fire chief was Joseph Kelly of Charlestown, who was hired in 1925. The current fire chief, Kevin Farrell, is only the fifth chief in the history of the department. The current facility on High Street was built in 1995.
The department provides all fire and rescue services in town and responds to calls for aid from fire departments in surrounding communities while maintaining five engines, one of which is an aerial ladder truck, a command truck, a pickup truck and one fire rescue vehicle. A second reserve aerial truck owned by the county is housed at Station 2. The Fire Alarm Division and Fire Prevention Office are also located at headquarters.
- Fax: 978-762-0246
- Hours: Office: Mon - Thu, 8am - 5pm; Thu, 8am - 7:30pm; Fri, 8am - 1:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1830
- Services: Fire, rescue, fire alarm, fire prevention, investigation, child passenger safety seat installation, flammable liquids recording
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of firefighters: 51
- Number of trucks: 4
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional