Drag box to select area
In 1826, the cemetery, formerly known as the Old Putnam Burying Ground, was purchased by Benjamin Wadsworth. The doctor bought the land at the end of his 53-year pastorate of the North Parish, and he now rests there, along with fellow ministers, their wives, war veterans dating back to the Revolution and other prominent locals. The Wadsworth Cemetery Association has since 1913 operated the site, which it expanded in 1950 to five acres. Gravestone rubbing is prohibited.
18 Summer St, Danvers, MA 01923
- Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk