.

Report: Three-Alarm Blaze Started by Cigarette

One firefighter was injured in the blaze.

A reader took this photo of the blaze before firefighters arrived. Photo credit: Courtesy photo.
A reader took this photo of the blaze before firefighters arrived. Photo credit: Courtesy photo.

The cause of the three-alarm fire that destroyed a Sylvan Street home last Friday was caused by the “careless disposal of smoking materials on the ground,” reported The Salem News. 

Firefighters responded to the fire at 8 Sylvan St., on Friday afternoon. The fire in the home, which is across from Town Hall, quickly spread and firefighters called for three alarms, which brought in firefighters from other communities.

One firefighter was injured fighting the blaze.

7News interviewed the homeowner after the fire. Bill Nyland owned the home for 47 years. Nyland planned on giving the home to his grandson, who tragically died in a recent car crash.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »